Wooden vs PVC Fencing
Not long ago, home fencing was typically constructed from wood or wood composites. With a lovely natural aesthetic and no clear competitors to outshine it, wooden fencing enclosed gardens everywhere. However, with the rise in popularity of PVC, more and more homeowners are switching over from wood for a maintenance-free solution.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the benefits of both styles of fencing, so you can get a better idea of which variety would best suit you and your home.
- No maintenance: For those of you who currently have high maintenance wooden fencing on their property and don’t like the hassle, PVC fencing may be for you; it requires little to no maintenance. PVC fencing is unaffected by insects and rot and doesn’t require painting too, making it an excellent choice who want a great looking fence year-round without any ukeep.
- Recyclable: PVC fencing is highly recyclable. Wooden fencing, on the other hand, often ends up in landfill. So, when you purchase PVC fencing, you can be secure in the knowledge that you are receiving an environmentally friendly product.
- Appealing: Although PVC fencing lacks the natural look afforded by wooden fencing, PVC still offers a clean and sleek look to any property. On top of this, materials have been introduced in the manufacturing of PVC fencing to ensure that there is no discolouration over its lifespan, so it will always look great!
- Durable: If you’re looking for a sturdy fence that will stand the test of time, look no further than wood. With the proper care and maintenance, wooden fencing can last for decades. On top of this, as your fence ages, the years of weathering will only add character, making wooden fencing a great investment.
- Natural: One of the key benefits of wooden fencing is that it gives your property a wholly natural aesthetic which greatly compliments your garden. PVC fencing, on the other hand, can look a little out of place in some instances, making it less desirable for future owners.
- Increases property value: Wooden fencing doesn’t just look great to you – it looks great to everyone else. That is, wooden fencing will greatly increase your properties kerb appeal and, further, it will increase the value of your property too. Buyers tend to love wooden fencing, so if you have one installed when it comes around to selling, it could set your home apart from the competition.
- Adaptable: Unlike PVC fencing, wooden fencing can be painted in any shade you like. This means that you can choose a shade which matches your property perfectly.
Barnard Fencing want to ensure that each and every customer finds the fence that’s right for them. That’s why we pride ourselves in our wide range of fences and services, offered throughout a number of locations, including: Arnold, Nottingham, Mansfield, Gamston, Hucknall and West Bridgford. If you would like an expert opinion and installation, please contact our team today.